Healthcare professionals and laboratories
GastroPanel® is a straightforward blood test that provides an accurate indication of stomach health and reports on the structure and function of the gastric mucosa. The GastroPanel® test provides doctors with laboratory data to support their clinical decision-making and helps identify patients requiring further examinations. The GastroPanel® report has been developed to assist doctors in interpreting the test results.
GastroPanel® is used as the first-line diagnostic tool for adult patients suffering from dyspepsia. It is a particularly useful tool for general practitioners and those engaged in occupational health care. GastroPanel® is a patient-friendly test that provides an overview of the status of the gastric mucosa. The results should guide the patients to seek appropriate additional examinations, including gastroscopy.
What does the GastroPanel test measure?
GastroPanel® is a simple blood test that can be used to assess the status of the gastric mucosa, including the gastric acid output. GastroPanel® will not only identify H. pylori infection but the test also indicates whether there are changes in the mucosa suggesting chronic inflammation
GastroPanel can be used to:
- Identify patients with a healthy gastric mucosa
- Identify patients requiring gastroscopy
- Identify patients with achlorhydria and hypochlorhydria
- Diagnose H. pylori
- Diagnose atrophic gastritis
GastroPanel® will highlight the following risks:
- Peptic and duodenal ulcers
- Gastric cancer
- Vitamin B12 and other micronutrient deficiencies
GastroPanel® will provide guidelines for further examinations:
- Gastroscopy and biopsy
- Helicobacter eradication treatment
- Further investigation of malabsorption or anaemia (see: the risks)